So, what should you do in a dress? It’s a question we get asked a lot. And the short answer is: Anything. EVERYTHING!
Starting can be the hardest part – so we reckon start simple. Whatever you’re doing, do it in a dress! The first time you might feel a little self-conscious, but people will start congratulating you for doing such an awesome thing and before you know it you’ll be itching for excuses to get your dress on!
The more that people see you in your dress, the more money you’ll raise, and the more girls you’ll be help send to school.
So do your grocery shopping, walk your dog, head to your local cafe, go to your lecture/tute/class, pick up the kids from school – and rock your dress while you do it!
Post photos to social media of you doing it! Include the link to your fundraising page in each post and watch the donations flow in.
Here’s a couple of tips from pro dress-wearers:
If you’re struggling to come up with challenge ideas, get your friends to DARE you to do something in a dress – in exchange for a donation, of course! You’ll soon have plenty of ideas to choose from! ☺
When you’re out and about, take some business cards or postcards to give to people wanting to donate to your fundraising page, or find out more.
Need more ideas? Well..here’s a handy list we prepared earlier of 53 CHALLENGE IDEAS that you can do in a dress! No excuses now – grab your dress – and get out there!
1. Cycle challenge (make your own or join an existing charity cycle)
2. Tough Mudder
3. Fun runs/marathons
4. Boot camp
AN ADRENALIN JUNKIE?
5. Bungee Jumping
6. Rap jumping
7. Sky diving
HALF HUMAN / HALF FISH?
9. Swim laps
11. Jet Ski
12. Aqua Aerobics
14. Sailing in a Dress
CHANNELING YOUR INNER GURU?
15. Bikram Yoga
16. Pop up Yoga class
17. 108 Sun Salutations
18. Gig in a dress
20. Write a Do It In A Dress song
23. Mountain Bike
24. Rock climbing
25. Host a dinner party
26. Bake sale
27. Outdoor picnic
28 .Make a movie/video/film about your dress
29. Art/Painting/Drawing class
30. Knit/Crochet club
A TEAM PLAYER?
31. Footy (AFL or Rugby)
AN ANIMAL LOVER?
38. Walk your dog
39. Customise/accessorise your dress and wear it everyday for a week / fortnight / month
40. Style different outfits around your dress
41. Pop up school dress fashion show
A PARTY ANIMAL?
42. Dance party
43. Hit the club/bar/pub
44. Choreograph a Do It In A Dress dance
45. Get your club and society to do it’s thing in a dress
46. Movie night at college
47. Ask your campus cafes to Do It In A Dress
48. Turn your ‘Casual Friday’ into a Do It In a Dress Day
49. Morning Tea in a Dress
50. Hit up a local park and play frisbee in your dresses
51. Organise a fun run / walk with your friends in your dresses
53. Casual clothes day – ditch your school uniform and ask your teachers to wear one instead.
Don’t forgot to get social with us: share your dress adventures with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and hashtag it with #DoItInADress so we can find you and share it with our online friends too!
The most important thing? Have FUN in your dress! After all, who said changing the world had to be serious?