We want to introduce you to Ryan. Why you ask? Because he’s almost QUADRUPLED his fundraising goal. And he didn’t jump out of a plane, run a marathon, or scale a mountain. He didn’t run an event, a raffle, or competition. In fact, he didn’t even really do anything specific in a school dress.
So what did he do?
Ryan went on holiday in a school dress! Earlier in July, Ryan followed the Tour De France, went snorkelling, biking, and eating all throughout Europe in his school dress.
Ryan’s story is a great reminder that Do It In A Dress isn’t always about jumping out of planes or taking on epic challenges – it’s about putting on a school dress and spreading the word.
The list goes on!
We asked Ryan to share this top three tips for using your social channels to smash your fundraising target:
“Tip #1: TELL people about it!
– Post multiple times with different content over days. It will build awareness and the keep people engaged. I was averaging one post a week.
– Use hashtags that will connect your post to people who are not your direct friends.
– Use peoples’ donations as another source of content.
Tip #2: Post on multiple platforms!
– I have my Instagram and Facebook connected, so I would post Instagram and it would automatically post on Facebook.
Tip #3: Get other people to post your activity!
– SJ [Ryan’s girlfriend] used to post my fundraising on her wall as well, so her friends were donating as well!”
Starting with a fundraising target of $1,200, thanks to his epic social game, Ryan has now raised $4,040 which is enough to educate 13 girls!
The moral of Ryan’s story: post, post and when you think you’ve posted enough, go ahead and post again!